FIU Short Immersive Courses
Develop Data Science Skills One Course at a Time
Get ready to upskill quickly with our six short immersive data science online courses.
Led by industry experts and designed to be taken individually, you can build in-demand skills in a variety of data science and analytics areas, only taking courses that are relevant to you. Upskill in a single area in just four short weeks while completing a portfolio-worthy project that can help you stand out to future employers.
Individual Immersives Data Science Courses Online
Gain job-ready skills fast and customize your learning journey by only taking the online data science courses you need.
- Python and Math Fundamentals: In this introductory course learn basic Python programming skills and mathematical essentials critical for data science. In addition to coding fundamentals, you’ll cover linear algebra, calculus, probability, and statistics.
- Exploratory Data Analysis: Learn how to leverage tools like SQL and advanced Python libraries as you study the fundamentals of exploratory data analysis.
- Business Fundamentals for Data Practitioners: Learn the skills you need to make meaningful data insights, which in turn can help you make better business decisions.
- Linear Regression and Data Acquisition: Learn how to acquire data plus the basics of linear regressions, cross-validation, feature engineering, and more.
- Machine Learning Classification: Explore classification models from common algorithms to real-world applications and learn fundamental skills you’ll use as a data scientist.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Unsupervised Learning: Study dimensionality reduction, clustering, and recommendation systems as you build your knowledge base in NLP and unsupervised learning.
Short Immersive Course Details
Duration: 4 weeks (per course)
Tuition: $2,500 (per course)
Weekly time commitment: 15 to 20 hours per week
Schedule: Flexible with deadlines to keep you on track
Lectures: On demand
Projects: One project that you can use to build a professional data science portfolio
Application: Not required
*Not for credit or part of a degree program. Not eligible for Title IV federal financial aid.