FIU Data Science Bootcamp
Supercharge Your Skills with a
Data Science Bootcamp
Stay a step ahead in a competitive workforce with our 24-week online FIU Data Science Bootcamp powered by Metis.
Designed by industry-leading data scientists, our project-based curriculum helps you build a portfolio of real-world work that can help improve your chances of finding a job after graduation. Whether you’re just starting out in your career or looking to advance in your current role, our flexible online format allows you to study on your own schedule, while our project-based curriculum helps keep everyone on the same page.
Our curriculum consists of six short immersive courses that cover a wide range of essential data science topics, so you can gain the skills you need to stand out to employers.
- Python and Math Fundamentals: An introduction into the basic Python programming skills and mathematical essentials critical for data science. You’ll cover linear algebra, calculus, probability, and statistics.
- Exploratory Data Analysis: Acquire exploratory data analysis knowledge and learn how to use tools like SQL and Python libraries.
- Business Fundamentals for Data Practitioners: Build skills to explore and extract meaningful data insights that can help you make smarter business decisions.
- Linear Regression and Data Acquisition: Learn the basics of linear regressions, feature engineering, cross-validation, and how to acquire data.
- Machine Learning Classification: Learn the fundamentals of classification models from common algorithms to real world applications.
- Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Unsupervised Learning: Build a foundational knowledge of NLP and unsupervised learning, including dimensionality reduction, recommendation systems, and clustering.
Data Science Bootcamp Details
Duration: 24 weeks
Weekly time commitment: 15 to 20 hours per week
Schedule: Flexible with deadlines to keep you on track
Lectures: On demand
Instructor 1:1s: Weekly for the first three weeks of each immersive
Projects: Six projects that you can use to build a professional data science portfolio
Career support: Postgraduation
Application: RequiredApply Now
*Not for credit or part of a degree program. Not eligible for Title IV federal financial aid.
Put Your New Data Science Skills to Work
With personalized career support that extends beyond the completion of the data science bootcamp, our dedicated career advisors can set you up for success and support you in your job search after graduation. From one-on-one career guidance to job search tutorials that teach you how to build an impressive resume, we have the resources to help you achieve your data science career goals.
Have questions about our bootcamp or short immersive courses?
Please complete and submit this form—we'll be in touch as soon as possible.